Thursday, February 19, 2009

Rollout

For over a year I had worked on this project... The new company website. I sweated every detail. On rollout day, all day long I coached the people involved in the rollout and went over what was going to happen and when. I went over everyone's part and made sure that everyone understood what they had to do and when it needed to be done. At the last minute operations threw up the red flag and demanded that it go out on the weekend. The marketing director emailed the CIO and demanded that the rollout happen on Thursday. It went through with little or no hitch. The next day, pats on the back and just generally 'good jobs' all around. Then I got The Call. HR called me to come down to their office. My position was officially deleted. Good job on the new web site, now turn in your badge.

No comments: